Tire Appearance Instructions
1. PROPER PREPARATION IS THE KEY TO A LASTING FINISH! Any dirt, residue, or silicone from previous tire dressings must be removed or they will show through and may cause FLAKING and BROWNING of the TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoatfinish. DO NOT clean tires in direct sunlight or when the tires are hot.
2. Clean tires thoroughly with the ready to use TUF SHINE Tire Cleaner. Scrub tires, especially around raised letters and grooves with a stiff bristle brush. Rinse thoroughly. DO NOT ALLOW CLEANER TO DRY ON WHEELS OR PAINT! REPEAT this process a second or third time for extremely dirty tires. The suds should appear white when the tire is properly cleaned. Remember, TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat will stick to rubber, but it will notstick to silicone from old dressings. Investing extra time cleaning will yield excellent results.
3. The tire should be CLEAN and BLACK, whitewalls/letters should be BRIGHT WHITE.
4. Use this cleaner for initial cleaning only. Scrubbing with a soft bristle brush and mild soap and water is all that’s necessary to maintain the TUF SHINE finish.
Applying Tire Shine
1. Shake contents.
2. Tire must be cool and dry. DO NOT APPLY IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT, OR IN COLD TEMPERATURES BELOW 5O DEGREES.
3. Squirt a small amount onto the applicator sponge.
4. Apply to whitewalls and raised letters first. Allow 5 or more minutes for the first coat to dry, which will seal the white areas.
5. Apply a thin even coat to the rest of the tire following the circular pattern of the tire. Slight milky buildup is OK, smooth any runs. The product will dry clear. If any black residue is drawn onto white areas, wipe off immediately with a clean damp towel. Allow to dry between coats. Liberal applications for 2nd and 3rd coats will enhance shine.
6. TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoat is permanent. Wipe any residue from wheels and/or painted surfaces before it dries. Apply additional coats for increased shine. 3 to 4 coats will bring out the maximum shine. Touch up scuffmarks and nicks to restore the shine and keep that new look.
7. Rinse the applicator sponge with water for future use.
8. Care for the tire as you would the paint. To prolong the finish, use clear water and a soft brush or mild soap and water for heavier dirt and mud. Avoid using heavy chemical cleaners as they will dull the finish. Re-apply TUF SHINE Tire Clearcoatas needed.
See the links below to learn more about Tuf Shine